As previously mentioned, my husband and I became volunteer managers of an HO Scale train room, at our area’s Senior Recreation Center last year. Besides fixing the railroad track so the trains can run smoothly, we are remodeling the room to reflect how our town may have looked in the 1950’s.
Originally, the waterfall was just a blue strip, with wads of cotton stuck on to simulate water. I found some tutorials explaining how to create waterfalls by using clear caulking.
Luckily our bathtubs aren’t in need of a re-caulking just yet, cause making waterfalls seemed like a lot more fun.
I spread the caulking on clear plastic wrap with enough lines to match the width of the waterfall area and about 15 inches long. I made five of these caulked sections, to cover the length of the waterfall.
Then a tooth pick was used to blend together the caulking lines. By twisting and lifting the toothpick, the roughness of water splashing was created.
The next day, the caulking strips were dry enough to attach to the train room wall, by using more caulking as glue.
By accident, I found that the pressure from the caulking gun made long drips which were perfect to simulate the waterfall’s streaming water.